Problem: When registering the software, there’s an error: “The serial number could not be used to unlock the software. Please try again”. The details of that error show “Too many instances of the MAC Address component to generate a valid hash”.
Solution: Delete all unused network adapters from the system.
- Open Start Menu
- Type In: Device Manager (If on Windows 10, right click on Start and choose ‘Device Manager’)
- Select Device Manager
- Click the View menu from the top
- Select Show Hidden Devices (Must be check before continuing)
- Scroll down and expand Network Adapters
- Right-Click the Network Adapter. Usually, the name should contain one of the below:
- Microsoft 6to4 Adapter
- Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
- Microsoft xx Tunneling Adapter
- TAP-Windows adapter
- Select Uninstall
- Click OK for the pop-up warning message.
- Repeat and repeat for each of the unwanted duplicate adapters.
- Close Device Manager when finished.
Every time a network adapter is uninstalled, you can check if the problem is solved by running ‘XHEO Profile Helper’ tool (http://xheo.com/download/profile-helper).
If the tool runs and shows a code, it means the problem is solved. You can then try registering APS Software.